Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Funny the way it is.

It's wierd when you think about it.
Moving directly into a stranger's house and told that it is your house and to act accordingly.
I mean it is nothing that is bad, just slightly strange.
You know what else is funny?
That no matter where you go, the people are all the same.
It doesn't matter whether you are in LA, Humboldt, Israel, or Argentina, you see the same people everywhere.
I was at the gym today (had the best workout so far in Argentina, btw) and it was like I was jsut back home in HealthSPORT. You had the guys that were all friends working out one of which was and always is too muscular and the you have the girls that are there to "workout" but really half ass it around the gym and just laugh like little dumb bitches (excuse my language but it drives me insane) then you have the oddly inshape older man who probably is in better shape then you but three times you age, then lastly, you have the regualrs, nothing outside the norm, just their to workout.
You see the same thing on the streets as well. You see the older women that think they are far superior than any other being on the planet and make you want to just take their cane away from them. You have the to much PDA barely pubescent couple, the people that walk so slow and take up the entire sidewalk so you can get around, and you have everyone else, jsut trying to get from point A to point B. Funny the way it is.

Thats not to say that Buenos Aires isn't its own world, because it sure is. I mean no where else have been where there are so many dogs and dogwalking is a career. It's amazing to see one person walking 15 or more dogs at once. Now one may ask how do you pick up all the poop when you have that many dogs? You don't. That is one of the few things that I would change about BsAs, there is dog shit everywhere. All over the sidewalks, people jsut don't pick it up. One has to be very careful when walking anywhere. No other place have I been to where you have to ask for the check because you want to leave. Even when you are sitting there for 2 hours they will not bring you the check, no rushing, leave on your own time. It is nice, to not be rushed, to be able to enjoy you time. Although it is slightly dangerous because I forget whether or not I have payed yet, because they don't bring it to me...but no big problems so far...jajaja.

Intercambio with Argentines on Thursday excited for that. The help us with our spanish and we help them with their english, hopefully they will be cute...jajaja
Also I may have a date with a professional polo player tomorrow...oh snap.jajaja.
JOBS tonight. 2x1 drinks, jenga, darts, archery...best night ever.
Oh more Itlians moved into my spanish class, which means...more laughing.
Ciao.

1 comment:

  1. love the blog.keep writing and i'll keep reading

    ReplyDelete