Wednesday, August 26, 2009

El Cumple de Yo

It has been a decent amout of time since I wrote, and I think now is the perfect time, I have been at the cafe reading for about an hour or so then preparing for my presentation, so I need a mental break. And My birthday was pretty awesome so I think you deserve to hear about it.

Well I will start with last Thursday. I know that's not my birthday, but jsut wait. I met up at Danny's apartment (fransisco's roomate) and we cooked dinner (curry :D) and discussed out birthday party! Yep thats right, in Argentina I am getting a birthday party. And it's a triple birthday party. Me, Danny, and Coti (one of the roomates as well). So during dinner we had to come up with a theme because we already had a date (28/8) and a place (Bistro Bar and Disco) so now we just needed a theme. We were discussing and they (remember that most of the people in the room, actually maybe I was the only straight one, were gay :D) wanted something classy and sexy, because the name of the party is ...Come Classy Get Trashy... jajaja. Anyway so we couldn't think of anything besides Black and White, which is done a lot. Then I had an idea that I actually didn't even think would work for the party cause it's not like sexy of fancy or anything, but I suggested a Highlighter Party. Which is when you were a white shirt and bring a highlighter with you and write on everyone. And they loved it! I was surpirsed, but that is now the theme of our party. :D So that is exciting, I'm stoked for Friday.

Now my actual birthday. Well my brithday was on a Sunday so we decided to go out Saturday night cause at midnight it would be my birthday. But I'm just going t talk about Sat and Sun cause they were both good days. Saturday started with Lunch with Fransisco, Tucker and Lizzy at this Indian place that Fransisco was telling me about, and it was pretty delicious (except they didn't have naan!!! I almost died) and then after we went to this place which is like a mini mall of thrift stores and I got a pair of black heals and a really cute purse for 75 pesos (about 25 dollars) then we went home, napped and Marta had left us dinner (a gross tuna casserole which we later told her we didn't like) and then got ready to go out. I'm not going to lie I was proud of my outfit. Black strapless shirt, my good jeans, black heals, grey cardigan, and my cute balck purse. I even straightened my hair! I was a big day, jajaja. So we started at the Alamo, Rocio (the bartender was supposed to be with us but she had to cover for a firend so she was behind the bar rather than infront of it :( ) hooked us up, letting us get in for free, and giving us a huge pitcher (usually 50) for 30. So Me, Lizzy, and Emily (the Tri-pod as we like to call it) started with the beer, and that went well, it turned midnight, random guys trying to hit on us sang to me (jajaja) and the we met these guys who go to school in Colorado whose birthdayw as on the 22nd who was still celebrating sot hey joined us. After the Alamo I wa supposed to go to this bar called Dubai (I met a bartender there so I was going to get the hookup) but we wanted to dance instead so we went to a Boliche (crobar) but we got there pretty late and couldn't get in (well I could get in but no one esle could) so after being there for a while (I was pretty over it) we went to Plaza Serrano went to a bar and hung out there for a while. Ate some food :D and then left and went to the Shamrock (emily left at this point so it was me, Lizzy, and this kid Kris) and we went to this place called The Shamrock. It was hilarious a bar when you walked in the a really wierd dancing section in like the basement. jajaaj. We were there for a little bit and Kri left. Lizzy and I were hingry again so when we got into the cab to go home we wanted to go to this 24hr restaurant but the cab driver couldn't find it so we ended upa t some random other place. We ordered a Pizza, oh did I mention it was like 730am jajajja. So we were sitting at out table and these like 20 something year old guys come and sit at our table and they would not leave. I said in perfect spanish you need to leave and they wouldn't. Finally one was smart enough to realize we were pizzed and we left. So we got home about 8am and had to get upa t 11am for my "special breakfast" which consisted of Potatoes and Eggs, Medilunas, Alfajors, Chocolate, and Migas. AndI ate a lot, jajaja. In the afternoon, after some recovery, jajaja, Lizzy and I went to the cafe, did some HW, then went home and got ready for dinner. The tri-pod when to a middle eastern (it wasn't super middle eastern jajaja) and it was delicious and I basically drank and entire bottle of wine, jajaja. Afterwards Lizzy and I went back to the cafe, jajaja, and got ice cream (amazing) and went home. It was a good day. And that was my birthday. And now I ahve to go cause I am starving and I need some food.

:D

No comments:

Post a Comment