Thursday, August 27, 2009
Family
Thinking about Family never meant thinking outside of the United States. It meant my Dad's really small family and my Mom's semi large family. I always thought that everyone else in my Dad's family had died and not made it to the states. But I guess I was wrong, because I have made a discovery. I have found family here, in Buenos Aires. Uncle Paul had given me some names to kind of randomly search for while I was in Buenos Aires and I had kinda forgotten about it until a week ago. So I didn't really know what to do with the name so I was like uuuhhhh...google? And I guess that was good enough because I found about five names of people that are living in Buenos Aires with the last name Olenitzky/Olke/Olken so that was kind of motivating. One of them even had a Facebook, so I added him and sent a message (in spanish with the help of Rocio) and waited for a response. And eventually I got one and about three emails, from the Brothers and Sister that are my dads age. I have been talking through email with them regularly. There is what I think are my fourth cousins, Javier, Daniel, and Olga. Then Olga has a son names Kevin, and Javier has four kids, Alan, Matias, Naty, and Kevin. And some of them are even around my age! They all really want to meet me and I really want to meet them so I am thinking the reunion will happen soon and I am excited. I can't believe I actually have fmaily abroad, it's so pretty damn cool.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment