Monday, July 20, 2009

Crazy Connections

So today was kinda a crazy day. I met some people that I defiently didn't expect to see in Argentina of all places. First of all this mourning we had orientation at the University and as I am standing outside, this girl comes up to me and gives me hug, and who is it? of all people? Stephanie Lewis from Fortuna High, I played BBall with her and everything, crazy! Then after she leaves I see a guy that I am pretty sure I know point to him and realize that I met him at the CEI retreat last summer before school...Crazy! And last of the crazy connections, After our second meeting of the day (argh!) a group of us were walking to the office to sign up for various trips offered by ISA, and I am walking with this guy from my program, and we start talking. You know the ususal conversation, name, school, where you are from and what not. When we get to where you are from he was like California, then I asked where in California, and he says northern, so I am expecting him to say soemthing like SF, kinda hoping hewould say like Willits or something and he was like, do you know Humboldt? I kinda stopped, had a mini freak out, and was like "I'm from Humboldt!" and we had this like huge bonding session and it was awesome. Hahaha yeah he is the same year as me, from Arcata and goes to UCSD. Crazy I know.

Had my placement test today. Wasn't to bad, I think I probably tested into intermmediate, which is where I want to be so that would be nice.

Going out tonight for the first time, that should be interesting. I am kinda confused, because I don't know what to wear because it's cold outside, but i don't wanna bring like my raincoat, but I can't wear something light so I am kinda in a predicament at this point. Also I have my purse with my money in it, but I don't know if I wanna bring the whole thing with me, but I also don't wanna just put my stuff in my pocket becuase I don't want things to get stolen. So I think I'll just bring it and keep and good watch and what not.

I kinda don't wanna go out, but I need to just suck it up and go.

Ciao!

No comments:

Post a Comment