Saturday, October 31, 2009

When you think everything is going good...Thats when the world crashes.

Well story of my life, i have bad luck combined with simple mistakes.
Thats just the way I roll apparently.
Yesterday morning I recieved an email from the UCLA study aborad office titled "Acceptance Letter" I was so happy becuase I thought that it had finally come in from UB (Barcelona), Unfortunately, that was not the case. As I opened the letter and began to read it, I slowly fell apart. Apparently for my application and had to also submit a hard copy of the application to the office which I did not do, thus my application was never fully submitted and I am not in the program. So I am not going to spain in January as planned. Wow. I understand that basically this is my fault because I didn't know that I had to submit a hard copy, however the EAP office is also to blame. During my spring quarter at UCLA I had sent numerous emails to the office regarding acceptance and visa requirements because I had not recieved any information. All of the replys that I recieved said that if I submitted the application then I was in the program because there was no cap. Aain during the summer after not recieving any official confirmation I emailed again to the head office and they told me that my application was not fully submitted. I then attached this email to one that I sent to UCLA asking about this. There response was that I was in the program if I had sent in the application. Throughout my time here in Argentina both my parents and I have been contacting the office trying to do the visa application for spain, and it wasn't until yesterday did the office check their files regarding my application and saw that I had not submitted the application. Not until yesterday!!! This is after the plane ticked was bought, without a place for me to live at UCLA, and 15 days before class sign ups...woohooo.

So I have options of what I can do in the months that come.
1) I can do the ISA program in Barcelona during the winter/spring (but I probaly won't get credit for any of the classes)
2) I can go back to UCLA for winter quarter, graduate on time or early, and travel after.
3) I can do a UC davis program in Madrid.
4) I can go back to UCLA for the winter and spring quarter and do the EAP Barcelona program in the Fall '10.

Now I have been thinking a lot about this in the last 24 hours, and after talking to my roomate I think I know what I am going to do.
I think that I will go back to UCLA for the winter and spring quarter and go to Barcelona in the Fall.
Here is why:
-I will only be technically missing 2 quarters which shouldn't really put me back from graduation.
-I will be able to get more classes to transfer by going through the UC
-I can travel throughout europe and beyond during the summer before the program and in the winter after the program with my parents and hopefully my brother
-It will give me a break to be home and recover from Argentina
-I think it would be a smoother process.
-I also think they will let me into the program because of this whole fandango also, and I will know what I have to do :D

So thats what I am thinking right now. (also lizzy will be in paris at the exact same time so that would be exciting)
Now here is what I have to do in the next 2 months.
-Take finals
-Sign up for classes
-Find a place to live
-Move back down to LA
-Find a job
-Get healthy again.
-Recover from Argenitna

Also I think that I am going to go back to being a vegan when I get back to school. It will be alot easier if I have an aparment and can cook and shop for myself.

Well good news...I have gotten word from my uncle that my grandma has FINALLY decided to more to Humboldt and live with us. Well not with us because I think the whole would die then, but in Fortuna. So that is really really good!!!

Ok well tonight is Halloween and Lizzy and I are hosting a party and I am pretty excited so I'll tell you how that goes.
Ciao!!!

1 comment:

  1. I think you have thought this out well and I admire your strength in dealing with all the shit that life gives us.

    ReplyDelete