Wednesday, October 14, 2009

My Strange Life

So I have lived in this coutry for the last three months, I have one month left and I don't know what I have accomplished here. I mean I have traveled. I have improved my spanish. I have learned how to live in a foreign country. I have learned about the Argentine and Latin American past, to a certain extent. But what have I really accomplished here. I go out. I wonder around the city. I sleep. I eat. What else. I mean don't get me wrong I wouldn't change this experience for anything but I mean I don't know what I am bringing home from it. I guess it may be a while until I really realize what I have learned and gained from this trip, but its strange to not know.

To go back, I only have 1 MONTH! I mean where did the time go? How did three months just pass in a flash? I don't understand. And yes I am sad to be leaving this amazing country, but on the other hand I am ready to go home. I am excited to be in my house. Where I feel comfortable. Where I can cook in the kitchen, I can watch tv, I can use other rooms besides my own, where I don't have to steal food when I am hungry. It such a strange thing living in a host home. I can't be independent, I have to check in, eat breakfast before 11 and be home for dinner at a specific time and if I am not eating at home I have to tell my host mom like the mourning of. I feel as if I am back in High School. I have gone from complete freedom at UCLA to living with a grandmother...strange. It will be so nice to be home.

I have been kinda busy lately. Seen the cousins a couple times. Love them. Well except for one...creepy....but the rest are amazing. Had shabbat dinner with them and went to Mastias' bday the other day. Been going out and eating out more lately cause we realized that we don't have much time left and there is still so many places we want to go. So yeah, thats pretty much it. Nothing exciting.

Love.
Ciao

No comments:

Post a Comment