Si es la verdad. Fui a un servicio por Yom Kipppur en Castellano. Y Fue interasante. Habia mucha gente y mi amigo a yo no podemos sentar :( Entonces estuvimos parados por dos horas (ewwww) pero el servicio fue muy muy linda. Fur muy differente pero uy lindo. Fue un servicio conservativo pero en mi opinion fue mas reform, porque habia mucha musica y canta. Fue un mini orquesta y la musica fue buenisimo. Sin embargo, no hube una melodia que yo supe. :( Fui solomente el servicio de Kol Nidre pero fue bastante. Fue interasante porque los "transliterations" no fue el mismo que en los estados unidos porque los pronuciones son diferente en espanol por ceirto letras. Como por la pronucion CH la letra en castellano es J. Muy interasante. Bueno ingles ahora.
So yeah Yom Kippur was interesting. The service was really night, I mean the music was beautiful but the tunes were a little strange. At some points I felt like I was at a Latin Idol competition mixed with a disney musical. So that was a little strange. My friend and I had dinner with Daniel (cousin/unlce) before and it was nice, he wasn't to strange so that was nice. The dinner was a little off. They had chicken and we all had some salad and veggies and soup, and the gave me some fish. But this wasn't just some small fillet. It was like fish meatloaf that was a little sweet. It was kinda like gefilte fish but much much more distgusting. I mean I like gefilte fish. It was a meatloaf of fish and eggish business, I don't know it was just wierd and I was hungry so I ate a semi large amount so it was a struggle, jajajaj. Oh well thats done and over thank goodness.
Well on saturday I went to Colonia, Uruguay with ISA. I mean I hate going on ISA trips because they are completely unorganized and almost everyone in my program I can't stand, but hey it's free right? So we got to colonia on the Boat, which was the niced boat I have ever seen, let me tell you. Huge seats, duty free, food, mini arcade, etc. Anyway, we got to colonia which id so touristy, I mean everything is in spanish and english and they take AR pesos, UR pesos, and USD. But we ate a little restaurant and I actually got a sandwich with a veggie paty. Then we jsut went to the beach and sat there for a while. While a very creepy man came up and talked to us about religion and later was sitting next to us on the patio as we waited for some people to change and pulled out a condom. Mind you thi man is not young and wearing a speedo. Yes, only in Argentina.
Also had my fourth out of five midtern today. Went very well super easy. Political science and it's in english.Theya ll havn't really been to bad. First I had Lit which I havn't gotten back but the other class all did pretty well and I'm not to worried about it. I got Open Society back today (an 8!!! Its out of ten, so an 8 is like an A- and the class is taught in spanish!) and that went well. Spanish Grammer was easy and I get it back tomorrow but I'm not to worried. I have my last one Monday, history which is basically the exact same class as polisci so i jsut have tor eview a little and I am set.
Thats my life so far.
Next week I go to Puerto Madryn in PAtagonia to see the Whales and Penguins :D
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment