Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Tu vida es mi vida

Mendoza...6 Days...$200USD...One of the best trips of my life.

I did not expect Mendoza to be as fun as it was. I mean I was excited for the trip, leaving BsAs is always exciting, but I wasn't sure because of the group I was with. It was me, my roomate, Lizzy, (who I was not worried about), Elise and Liz. Elise and Liz I hung out with a good amount when I first got to BsAs but Liz got a little to much for me, I mean she is pretty gringa and I couldn't really handle that a lot. And Elise is a very sweet girl...so sometimes thats what gets me...jajaja I'm a horrible person, jajaja.

Anyway so we got to Mendoza at 11:30am on Thursday. A lot of time right? Yes so exciting. So we get to the hostel, which is pretty sweet, pool included, check in and begin to plan out our days in Mendoza. That took us about 30-45 mins, then we were on a search for food and perhaps some mopeds to drive around the city. Well we found the food but not the mopeds, they only had BMWs left and they were way to expensive. But we found cheaper activities for the week that through the hostel so that was good. Well we were pretty tired, so we chilled at the beutful parks and the hit up the modern art museum that was under Plaza Independencia...That was kinda a bust because there was an event going on with some famous director, so there was really much going on, thus it was a short visit. We made it made it back to the hostel in time to shower and change for dinner. And we had a bomb dinner. We went to a Loney Planets restaurant where they serve their house wine out of a Penguino, a ceramic penguin...awesome. The food was pretty good, small vegetarian menu but it was good, awesome fries! Anyway so after two penguinos we went back to the Hostel where we met up with some Argentines that we had met when we were leaving for dinner. Well we decided to go to a bar, found one that was 2x1 for $20AR (my fav) and sat and hung out for a while. Went back hit the sack and woke up for a good day on Friday.

Friday was pretty fun. We were picked up at 9ish for our Bike and Wine tour. :D I felt so grown up jajajajaja. It was an awesome tour. The weather was a little poopy, a little overcast but I can't imagine how sweaty I would have been if it would have been sunny, jajajaja. So we went to three wineries (or Bodegas), my favorite, of course, was the last one which was completely organic, loved it :D We also went to an olive oil factory and a chocolate factory. At the chocolate factory they had all different types of liquors that we could try, I tried a chocolate mint liquor and it was just to much for me. They made it so sweet to cover up the alcohol, and I could not handle it. Anyway so that was nice. And for dinner that night we just bought some food from the grocery store and cooked up some grub. Stayed in a chilled jajaja. But of course, story of my life, I met these to Israelis and because it was Rosh Hashana They wanted me to come to the Chabad House with them for services...of course, where do I find these Israelis? Jajaja. I didn't go with them jajaja. We needed to rest for the next day.

We woke up at 730 to get picked up at 830 to go...Paragliding! It was pretty sweet I mean we drove for about 45mins up pretty damn high and then were strapped to a guide, and jsut ran off a cliff. And it was a beutiful day, clear skies and everything. For me though, it wasn't as fun as it was for the rest of the girls. I mean yeah it's cool running off a cliff and it was beautiful, but I mean once your up there the scenery doesn't change much and ur kinda just chillin. I mean I'm glad that I did it but I won't be doing it again. After Paragliding was supposed to be a big party at the hostel, starting at one. Well it actually didn't really start until 5pm with another wine tasting which was good cause i had a good amount of free wine which I was stoked about. After that we went to another hostel, had a BBQ where they made Lizzy and stuffed squash which was good but they didn't actually really cook the squash so you could only really eat the middle, jajaja. The asado then turned into a dance hall with free tequila...the thing about the free tequila was that they wouldn't give it to you in a shot glass you just had to lean your head back on the bar and let them pour it in...yeah interesting. I did it once and had one shot someone had conjoured for me and that was all for the night I didn't wanna make a fool of myself. But I may have been alone in that though...jajajaja...it was a pretty hilarious night, let me tell I have some good blackmailing pictures. It was a little akward for me at time because one of the Israelis I could tell was into me but I wasn't exactly in the same mindset but they are cool guys so I wanted to hang out with them but then I also had the Argentines to chill with and the guys that worked at the hostel. So I was trying to bounce from people to people and i didn't turn out doing a very even job, however later I saw the Israeli with a other girl so that was solved. :D

The next day (Sunday) was pretty awesome as well. We were picked up around nine and driven about an hour and a half to a hostel/camp site. But before we got there we were stalled by hundreds of High School kids going to this festival/camping for Dia de los Estudiantes. It was insane. Well we got to the place and Lizzy and I jumped on some Horses and rode around the Andes...it was gorgeous. After that we met up with Liz and Elise who had gone Rafting and we had some lunch then hoped in a van and drove to a new location to go Zip Lining. Which was awesome. We went on about 8 different lines going through the trees and over the river. On the last line I went upside down! It was awesome! That night was a pretty chill night just grabbed some mexican food and ice cream and chilled.

The next day was study day because I had a midterm tuesday and we were leaving. Overall the trip was flat out awesome. I loved every minute of it.
:D

No comments:

Post a Comment