Isn't it wierd when you are put into a situation that really truly reminds you of who you are? That was my trip to Cordoba. I was reminded, that as much as I go out here, and as much as jump from one thing to the next without a moments notice, I really am a homebody and really do like planned events and making sure things are set. I mean don't get me wrong, I had a great time in Cordoba and I love the Tri-Pod but it's just not in my nature to be able to go out big every night all night. And I do like making sure everything that needs to be done gets done and things are set. It's funny when you realize those things every once and a while.
I have had quite a week this week. I mean I actually didn't do that much. Went out Weds and Sat (we made Mac&Cheese for an Argentine) so wasn't a crazy week but I did meet my Argentine family which was exciting. Friday night I met the first cousin, Daniel. He is about the same age as my dad so it was a little wierd and him and his wife don't speak any english to it was an exhausting night, having to focus so much to speak in spanish for so long, but I did well. It was an interesting night. I mean yes he is very nice, but strange. I mean before I could say Hola he kissed me on the lips and a big kiss and it was distgusting, I mean I don't even know this man. So that kinda freaked me out. I mean we went to the fanciest restaurant that I have been to, which was nice, but I'm not a girl for fancy, and I felt as if it was a slight show off move, but what can you do. They are nice people but I just kinda got a slightly strange vibe. And since the meeting he has been texting me like five times a day just to say random things and I don't respind because one, it doesn't need a response and two, I can't afford to text so much. Oh well. I have Yom Kippur with them which will be interesting, I think I may regret having Yom Kippur with them after this but oh well...jajaaj
On Sunday I met the rest of the family, and I am in Love. We went to this place that specializes in "pancakes" but they are more of a crepe/pancake thing. Not as thick as a pancake but not as thin as a crepe. And you eat it like you would eat a crepe, they have savory ones and sweet ones. I got one with Avocado, Artichoke Hearts and Eggplant is was delicious. But there sweet ones looked incredible also. So much Dulce de Leche and ice cream and yummyness...But anyway I love the fam. Theya re awesome I had so much more fun with them then on Friday...jajaja
So I leave for Mendoza on Weds. :D The wine country :D I'm stoked. Updates soon.
Also I don't know if some people who read this think that I party to much here and don't focus on my studies. Well that is completely false. I am a good student and know how to balance my work and social life. I am in Argentina and I go to UCLA I do what I want to because I am an adult but I understand responsability. So for those who think that I am partying to much, that is incorrect. I write in my blog about the exciting things that happen not school. Done.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

I know where that last paragraph was directed.
ReplyDelete